My Challenge and Sketch Blog

Creatively Artsy is my CTMH blog and this is my FUN Blog.
Here is where I can use any products and just do my own thing. I started out with just one sketch challenge and now I'm hooked. I wish there were more hours in the day.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poinsettias - SC301

I haven't posted lately because I have four Birthday Cards to make this week. I finished 2 1/2 of them but since I hand stitch them all, it take some time.
But, I had to play along at Split Coast Stampers today with a newly released Digi Stamp, Poinsettia, from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Here is the SCS Sketch.

I printed the Poinsettias twice, colored them with Copic Markers and cut out the second set. I slightly rounded them and layered with foam tape. I added some yellow glitter to the flowers.

The Mistletoe papers and pearls are from Close to my Heart.

The Hand Stitching was done with matching Embroidery Floss


Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
 Anything Goes Challenge Blog - theme is Christmas.
Fab 'n Funky - Use  digi
Paper, Scissors & Rocks - Stitching
Wild Orchid - Stitch it Up
Spectacular Sunday Challenge - Layer It On: I have 8 layers here

10 comments:

Janette said...

beautiful Nancy! Great job on the sketch and you are seriously the master stitcher. Love the papers- just ordered them from a party my friend had on Sat.

Merry said...

I haven't comment in a while but do see your cards as you post them. They are always stunning....you are so clever. This card is no exception....such terrific layouts.

unicorn said...

I like it very much:))It `s just gorgeous:))Love the colors and the flowers:))

Glenda said...

So pretty! And hand stitched! Wow! Great festive card and thanks for playing along with my stitching challenge.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Nancy, Fabulous! I ove the stitching, wonderful! Gorgeous bouquet, beautiful coloring. All the little details make this card so precious. Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Dori said...

Beautiful! Love the image and all the stitching.

Ashley said...

very nice card! love the flowers with the bow on it and the nice red pearls! thanks you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a candy at my blog have a look! hugs ashley

LuLu said...

WOW . . fab digi image and another one to add to my "must have" collection! Great card and love all the layers. Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.

Lou
x

Sharon said...

What a great card - just loving that image.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, and hope to see you again next.
Hugs Sharon x

andrea said...

fab image,gorgeous colours and detail,lovely card thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea