My Challenge and Sketch Blog

Here is where I can use any products and just do my own thing. I started out with just one sketch challenge and now I'm hooked. I wish there were more hours in the day.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Purple Peonies in a Jar - SC323

I finally got around to creating again. Sometimes you just have to take care of family and cleaning the house first. When I get into the creating mood, which I was last month, some things like cleaning only get half done. *Ü*

My card today was inspired by the Wednesday sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. Then I printed out some of the pre-colored Peonies from Peony in a Jar, from Fred She Said.  I varied the sizes so I could combine them to look like the little buds that open on the same stem. I pulled colores from the image for my Cardstock, which I used my cuttlebug folders on. The Cardstocks are from Close to my Heart and are Heavenly Blue, Juniper and Pansy Purple.

I did lots of Fussy Cutting on all the flowers and layered with foam tape for lots of dimension.

The Hand Stitching was done with Matching Juniper Embroidery Floss.

Other Challenges with this card:
Fab & Funky - Make it Girly
Bunny Zoe's - Spring Flowers
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Die Cut Dreams - Spring GArden
Paper Playtime - Anything Digi
The Pink Elephant - Spring Time
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes
Anything Goes - Die Cuts
Flourishes - Sewing on Card
Tuesday Throwdown - Use Scraps
Clear It Out - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts - Spring Colors

8 comments:

Janis said...

Very beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - i love the lfowers but the embossing and stitching is really stunning
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa ;)

pinky said...

What a gorgeous card, agree with Lisa the embossing and stitching are stunning!! Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Martha said...

wow this is beautiful, thank you so much for playing with Clear it OUt

Rachel B said...

What a stunning card! Your coloring is just beautiful and I love the texture! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out.

Sue said...

This is beautiful, great colours and love the pearls too :-) Thanks for joining in with my Spring Colours Challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink,
Sue xx

sue said...

a really beautiful card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

~Michelle~ said...

Elegant presentation! Lovely! :)