Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tulips and Butterflies - MMSC43

My card for today is one of those cards that, no matter how much snow you have on the ground, it shouts SPRING!!! The weather here in NE Pennsylvania is a sunny 56 °. And even though we have huge snow piles still around, it's going away!!! YEAH!!

The inspiration for this card cam from a Sketch Challenge over at Midnight Madness. I literally followed it to a "T".
The Digi Stamp, "Fluttering By", from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, was used for this card.

I never thought I could get used to Digi Stamps, but WOW, how easy they make card creating. Well, I shouldn't say easy, because making this card, even though it looks very simple, took a lot of maneuvering with that one image of the tulips and butterfly. I cropped out the butterfly, then copied it and re sized it 9 times. Then colored each with Copic Markers and cut each one out. I added a little blue glitter to each Butterfly for a little extra glitz. The Stamen of each flower has yellow glitter.

Other Challenges with this card:
One Stop Craft Challenge - Sew Simple.
Digital Tuesday Challenge 48 - Scallops.

The Designer Papers are from The Caboodle Paper Pack from Close to my Heart.
The Hand Stitching was all done with matching Embroidery Floss.

14 comments:

gina g said...

Beautiful card, i love the image and papers, the butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for Joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Carolyn said...

First, I have to say that you are lucky having temps in the 50's here in PA. We are in SW, Pennsylvania, and are only at 40 degrees today. Still happy though that it is not snowing, and some of it is melting. Your card reminds me that Spring is on the way. Those are the mot beautiful butterflies that I have seen, and the colors are so pretty. Thank you very much for playing with us at the MMSC this week!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Nancy, this is just beautiful! I love your butterflies - they are so pretty! Love the flower image too, you have chosen the perfect colours Helen - Love it! We are glad you are comfortable to play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, your cards inspire us! We would love to see you again next week! (((hugs)))
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Nancy you have chosen the perfect colors for bring a breath of fresh spring air to your blog....we all need that right about now...huh..LOL I love these blue butterflies...they are so charming. What a beautiful creation colored and shaded to perfection. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sue said...

Beautiful color choices make this card pop. Your flower image is coloring is awesome. Love the added stitching and OH those butterflies........WOW. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the MMSC. Hope to see you back again and again.

Take Care
Sue
MMSC March Guest

Priscilla said...

You rocked this sketch my friend..just ROCKED it. I am so loving your take on it and those butterflies are perfect... love how you printed them out getting larger and large.. I will say it again..you ROCKED this sketch. Beauiful colors too. Thank you so much for your participating in our challenges. Lots of cool things happening on the Midnight Madness blog right now... Sneak Peek and if you qualify we have the The Huge Giveaway Plus, a BIG announcement will be revealed shortly :)
Priscilla (MMSC Hostess)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Nancy this is a stunner I just adore the colours, butterflies and scallops this is a real beauty thank you so much for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Ceal said...

Nancy this is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is INCREDIBLE, Nancy!! I know I've said that many times before about your creations, and I'm sure I will again, but REALLY -- all those beautiful, sparkly butterflies are just awe-inspiring!!! You really did follow the sketch to a T, and I love it!! Hugs, Deedee

ljurecek said...

Oh, my! Look at all that gorgeous stitching! Your attention to detail is amazing! Beautiful card, Nancy!

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness!! Nancy, this is soooo gorgeous!! I love what you did with the butterflies in graduating sizes. Sheer genious, and an absolutely stunning creation! You are AMAZING!!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Sandy said...

This is an amazing card! I just love how you used the butterflies. All of your cards have that wonderful stitching and the elegant warmth that just draws you to the card!

Wendy K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the butterflies!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh, Nancy, they don't get better than this!!!!!!! Wowser!!!!

P.S. Did you go for it?