Friday, June 4, 2010

June Rose - SCS 283

Well, I finally finished the card I started on Wednesday for the Splitcoast Stampers Card Challenge. Too many interruptions in my life lately.
I uses the SCS #283 sketch for my inspiration for this card. The size is 5" x 7".
And I used the inspiration for the coloring from my friend and very talented Lorie. Her coloring blows me away and I've learned so much from her, as I do from all of the other DT members.

The June Rose Stamp is a new Clear Stamp Set release from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. This is such a gorgeous set because it comes with this one image and 5 sentiments.
The Butterfly is from the Digi Set called Everyday Miracles, HOWEVER, this set is also available in clear stamps and comes with two butterfly images and 4 sentiments.
Both Clear Stamp Sets are available now for Pre-order. There are some great deals on the pre-orders so if you like these, you'd better get them while you can.

The rose was stamped with Memento Black in and colored with Copic Markers.  The butterfly was also colored with them.

The papers used are discontinued papers from Close to my Heart.
The colonial white grosgrain ribbon & Half Pearls  also from CTMH.

I used matching Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching around the card.

4 comments:

Leah said...

So gorgeous Nancy. I just love your work...been praying for you, drop me a note when you can, hugs...

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, what beautiful shading you have on your flowers. They look so alive and real. :)

Janette said...

Nancy this is so pretty! You colored the rose beautifully

Julie said...

Such a pretty card,I love that your butterfly exactly matches your papers,clever! X