Saturday, June 11, 2011

Father's Day Blue Truck

Wow, just one week until Father's Day. Where is this year going.

I played along with the challenge at My Sheri Crafts last week and won the honor of being the Guest Designer this week. The theme of this weeks challenge is Father's Day. Since you need a Father's Day Card by next week anyway, why not hop on over and play along with this challenge.

So, here is one of my Father's Day cards. I haven't used this fantaastic image since last year. I don't make many masculine cards. This is The Old Truck Digi and pre-colored Set from Fred She Said. I chose to use the Blue Truck fro my card. I just love the way that Tracey Lynn colors her images so when I'm busy, I choose to let her do the hard work for me. The best part is that when you purchase this image, you get the Digi and four pre-colored images as a package deal. It doesn't get much better then that.

I found this sketch at Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge, and thought it worked perfectly with this image.

I'm always experimenting with my hand stitching which I do with Embroidery Floss. This is a new design and I used two colors of floss. I first stitched around with the blue, then over stitched other areas with the green. I just needed a more masculine stitch then I usually use.

Other Challenges that this card was also made for:
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Father's Day
House of Gilli - Buttons
Lexi's Creations - Masculine
Ladybug Crafts - Male Theme
The Stamping Boutique - Men only
Creative Inspirations - Card for Dad
Repeat Impressions - Father's Day
The Paper Variety - For the Guys
Whimsie Doodles - Father's Day
C.R.A.F.T - Father's Day
Craft Us Crazy - Father's Day
Paper Play - Father's Day
Papertrey Paper Dolls - Father's Day

20 comments:

Merry said...

This is such an amazing card. Your colouring is amazing and I really love the stitching you have done on the card. Also like the way you have positioned the label on the card under the three prongs.

Melissa said...

Really dig the colors you chose, and it looks so good all put together. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Great masculine card! What guy wouldn't love that truck! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Dolls!

Sheri Gilson said...

FABULOUS card!! This is one of my all time favorite masculine images. Thank you so much for playing along with this weeks Whimsie Wednesday Challenge!!
Sheri-WD DT

P.G. Lamb said...

I love your card! Beautiful coloring too! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at My Sheri Crafts. :-)

Collette said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us at The Stamping Boutique.

MJ said...

What a fabulous job you did coloring that truck, really made it come to life. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Joanne Gilch said...

marvelous image and pre-colored...how great!!!
Luv the stitching. thanks for playing the challenge at Daisy Doodles.

~jan said...

What a great card and such a lovely image! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

Kerry said...

What a fantastic card Nancy...your colouring is amazing. I love the shape you used to die cut out the truck (that doesn't sound right but I know what I mean lol) Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

kim edmonds said...

great card, i love the layouyt and the car image
thanks for joining us this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges.
good luck x

Jacqueline said...

great image - perfect for father's day. Thanks for playing along at Daisy Doodles –
Hugs. Jacqueline

Rhonda said...

I absolutely love this card. That truck is awesome! Well done. Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

April said...

Awesome card! Your stitching looks amazing. :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!
- April

Shell said...

Amazing card hun, your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Lou Mac said...

What an awesome image - you've coloured it beautifully! You've interpreted the sketch brilliantly and the font you've used for your sentiment is fab!!

Thanks for joining us over at PaperPlay Challenges for our 'Father's Day/ Man's Card' Challenge this week. Good luck!

xo Lou Mac.

Miranda said...

great card, great car Nancy, very cute
thanks for joining the TSB challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

sharon said...

Great card, I love the image. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

sammi said...

Fantastic card! Love the image and fancy border. Thanks for sharing with us in our "masculine" challenge at Daisy Doodles. --Sammibug, June Guest Designer.

Michelle Pearson said...

great rustic stitch for a masculine card! :)