Friday, January 4, 2013

Winter Chickadee Birthday Card




I'm still in the Christmas Mode for making cards because Fred She Said has some amazing winter images.  So, I decided to make several "Winter" cards instead of Christmas. After all, winter is just beginning even though I wish it were over.

The design of my card started with a sketch challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stash. We were to use any of the sketches presented in 2012. I chose Sketch #30.

For this card, I used the pre-colored Winter Chickadee from the Christmas Birds Series. I also added a small pre-colored pine cone from the Pine Cone Spray set.
I love using Blue and white when I make winter cards and it was perfect for this image. Because of the red berries, which I added a small amount of red stickles to, I added red velvet ribbon and some red sparkles. 

The papers I used are retired papers from the Wonderland collection from Close to my Heart.

The Birthday Greetings was stamped then Embossed using the Just Numbers clear acrylic stamp set from Close to my Heart.

I hand stitched around three sides of the card with White Embroidery floss in my own unique design to look like snow flakes.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Gingerloft - Christmas or Winter
I Did It! - Use a Doily
Stamptacular Sunday - Use Doilies
Broken Box Stock - Winter/Snowflakes


8 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Nancy. I love the image and gorgeous detailing, especially the your wonderful stitching

Hugs Sue

Penny said...

Nancy, this is a gorgeous card! Love the blue with bits of red! Love the pretty images, paper and embellies, too! And that stitching is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Danni said...

Stunning!! Wow!

Pia S said...

This is such a lovely card! The little touches of red looks beautiful against this blue and white color scheme, and I love how you've hand stitched around the edges of this card!

Laurence said...

Stunning card, really like the colours and your stitching. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

Laurence DT

Jessica said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the gorgeous image and your beautiful colouring! Great design!!
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular sunday challenges this week, hope to see you again soon!!

Hugs Jessica

Janet Kay said...

Oooh, I love it! I love blue, and plaid, and Chickadees!! Beautiful!! :)

Janet Kay
fss dt

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Nancy! Love the beautiful image, the great stitching and the pretty doily! Hugs