Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birthday Buddies - SSS16


Here is a great sketch from the Sweet Stop Sketches Challenge with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
This stamp set is called Birthday Buddies. Don't you just love this cute little mouse!
Here is my take on this sketch.
The DP is Close to my Heart "Animal Cookies Creative Basics".
Sunflower Grosgrain ribbon and the flat white pearls is from CTMH.

The Mouse for Birthday Buddies was stamped, colored with Copic Markers and cut out three times and layered for a 3D affect.


The stitching was done by hand with matching embroidery floss.


The border punch if from Martha Stewart. I used that one because it reminded me of Swiss cheese and thought it was perfect with the mouse!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so FUN, Nancy! I really like how you colored the mouse and made the balloons travel beyond the frame. Wonderful colors and papers, too!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh Nancy, this is just adorable!!! I'm totally in love with this stamp set, and I love the way you colored up the mouse and balloons and paired her with that awesome paper.

Hugs,
Lisa

Ceal said...

Adorable card, your coloring is awesome and I just love that hand stitching! TFS

Patsy said...

What a fun and happy place and your cards inspire me to smile!! Great job!!