Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Daisy - SSS52

I'm trying to get my Mojo Back. This is the first piece I've created in a week and I didn't realize until last night how much I really miss the hand sewing. So, maybe that's a good thing.

My colors look a little off on my monitor. Hope it looks better on yours. The center of the daisies is YELLOW stickles. Maybe it's because the glue is still wet.

My card today was made for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #52. It's the Sweet Stop's One Year Anniversary so go on over and play along with the sketch challenge, add the link to your card to Mr. Linky and play along for a PRIZE!!! The sketch challenge is with a SPIN. The spin is buttons and bows.

My card is 5.5 x 5.5 and created with designer papers from Close to my Heart in the colors of Twilight and Sweetleaf. I just love that combination.
The buttons and ribbon is also from Close to my Heart.

The Digi Image is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and is called April Daisy. I added some yellow stickles to the centers of the flowers.
The small flowers were made using various punches.

The hand stitching was done with white embroidery floss.

OTHER CHALLENGES WITH THIS CARD:
Creative Belli Blog - Use Die Cut Shapes

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I've missed seeing your lovely cards! Looks to me like your mojo is back in full-force. This is just gorgeous!! BIG HUGS!

Unknown said...

Wow, Nancy, your mojo is definitely back! What a wonderful card!

Hugs and a have nice weekend,
Renata

ottersln said...

Your card is just gorgeous. I love all the colors that you used. You blow me away with the hand stitching! WOW

Kathy said...

WOW Nancy this is just gorgeous!!!! I love the colors that you have used and every detail is so pretty!!!
Have a great week-end :)Kathy

Leah said...

Gorgeous Nancy, I love those colors together! Been praying for you:)

Julia Aston said...

Love all the textures on this - that fun stitching - the beautiful flowers and panels - and lovely colors! a beautiful creation!

Andrea said...

So pretty Nancy! Love the colors and seriously you hand stitched all of that?! Incredible!!

Joan B said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Nancy, love the papers, and the stiching - just fab! Pauline xx

Micki said...

Wow, another stunning card. I love the overall green color tone of the card. Simply gorgeous!

hugs

Dana White said...

Nancy this is stunning, I love the cut flowers!!

Merry said...

Hi Nancy, just catching up on all your cards which are all fantastic as normal. Love the colours and flowers used in this one.