Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch #50 - "Milton Reading"

HAPPY EASTER!!!

I've really been slacking in my posting this week. It has been such a crazy past two weeks and there just aren't enough hours in the day.  But then it's always this way for me before any Holiday. Holiday meals are always here and we have all the kids over. So, it's not just the cooking and baking but the cleaning before and after. AND cleaning takes away some valuable stamping time.  I've been that busy for the past two weeks that today I found a Dust Bunny big enough to have it's own Zip Code. Where could that have possibly come from and who put it there.


Ok, enough of me trying to be a comedian.
My card for today was inspired by the sketch over at The Sweet Stop.  If you've never played along with any of their challenges, hop on over and try one this week. They are so much fun and you can't even imagine how easy it is to create a card once you have a sketch to follow.

The image I used is a new Digi image from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps called "Milton Reading".  It was colored in with Copic Markers. I forgot to add the stickles glitter to the flower and butterfly. If I get a chance between collecting dust bunnies, I'll take another picture and change it out.

The designer papers are from The Bella Collection from Close to my Heart.

The Sentiment is from the April Stamp of the Month called "Flower Pot", and the the Hollyhock twill ribbon is also from Close to my Heart.

The butterfly is a digi image but I have no clue where I got it. I just know that I love it.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Nancy, this is just beautiful! I love how the butterfly adds the beautiful dimension to the card. Looks like the flower may be popped and part of Milton! A very warm card! Hope you chase down all those dust bunnies!

Unknown said...

So adorable Nancy!! I love that big beautiful flower and what a cute cute image! :)

Dana White said...

This is so sweet - love the image and your card is stunning - have a wonderful dinner with your family!

Andrea said...

SO cute Nancy! Lovin' the big flower...wish I had one I could sit under like that! Hope your Easter went well!