Sunday, January 16, 2011

FSS - English Robins

Good Morning to you all on this beautiful, sunshiny, Bitter Cold, Sunday Morning. We've been fortunate not to have much snow yet this winter BUT, the past two months have been bitterly cold.

I want to start thinking Spring with my card making, but I can’t seem to draw myself away from these Gorgeous Winter Bird Series from Fred She Said. The birds come as Digi’s and Pre-colored images, which is what I chose to use today. My feelings on the pre-colored images is, why re-do something that’s already perfect. The other day I used the Chickadee and today I’m using the English Robins. The only one left is the Cardinal. I may have to do that one tomorrow. If you haven’t picked up on these images yet, you don’t know what you’re missing!

I got the inspiration for this card from the Critter Sketch Challenge. I love to start my creations with a sketch challenge.

I used the Olivia Paper Pack from Close to my Heart and matching Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Incy Wincy Designs - Go Dotty
Kaboodle Doodles - Do it with Digi's
Paperworks - Recipe_3papers, 3 embellies, an animal
AiFactory - Anything Goes
Dutch Dare - All Stitched Up
Meljen's Designs - Rouind or Square card
Glitterbabe - Anything Goews
Paper Crafting Journey - Digital
Stampin' B's - Use a ie Cut
Stamp n' Doodle - Winter in the Woodsa.

13 comments:

**Farrah** said...

Very beautiful!! Lots of great embellishments on your card!!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Stef H said...

wow! absolutely gorgeous! thank you so much for sharing it with us at glitterbabe's challenge.

Merry said...

This is gorgeous....your colouring is just so perfect.

Colleen said...

Very pretty and so different! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

ileana said...

What a beautiful and stunning card!!!! love the colors you used, and the stitching is AWESOMELY made!!! love it!!
Thank you for playing with us at Glitterbabe´s Challenge, hugs,

Anonymous said...

Stunning creation!! Love that bird image and your layout is awesome!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Glitterbabe's challenge this week!!HUGS

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

Benzi said...

Such a gorgeous pre-colored image and the sketch is great. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

KindredEsprit said...

What a pretty card! I love that image; those English robins are *adorable*!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness Nancy, look at that gorgeous stitching! Love your card! Thank for playing along with us at DDCC, good luck!

Vickie said...

Wonderful card! I really like the border around the card and the robins are so sweet!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamp-n-Doodle:)

Lauren said...

Nancy,
I discovered your blog and became a follower a few weeks ago. I am absolutely in love with your style! I love the stitching on all of your cards! I especially love the FSS bird cards that you've made. I just went and bought all three birds. I made my first card with the robins today. Thank you, I am truly inspired by YOU!
Lauren

Michelle Pearson said...

love your birds...gorgeous!