Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nolan and the Bull Frog



I hope you all were happy with what ever your ground hog predicted yesterday. Our Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow and predicted an Early Spring. I'm holding him to his word. He'd better be right! I hate this cold weather. We've been lucky with no snow accumulation so far and I'd like to keep it that way.

So, on to my card for today. We had a birthday party to go to yesterday for Erik, a sweet little boy who turned five. I thought the Fred She Said, "Nolan and the Bull Frog" would be perfect for his card. 


The design inspiration for this card came from a Sketch Challenge over at Sketch N' Stash. My stash for this challenge is the Outdoor Denim  twill ribbon that's I've had for years now and hardly ever use and the Pre-colored Digi from Fred She Said that was printed out about a year ago and never used. Also, the four square studs have been with me forever since I make very few masculine cards. The Happy Birthday is a retired stamp set from Close to my Heart called Say it in Style.

The papers were Newly released February 1st from Close to my Heart, called "Later Sk8r".

Other Challenge blogs for this card:
Critter Sketch Challenge - Use metal (square Studs) 
Stampin' Royalty - Birthday
Stampin' for the Weekend - Use some metal



3 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Nancy, I love that image and such great papers. The metal studs are the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Nancy, I like this image and the papers,Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

I loove this card, Nancy! The colours are amazing. That paper is delightful for masculine cards or evenmixed media cards... love those splotches!