Thursday, September 25, 2014

FSS Cornflowers



My card today uses another of the new images just released at Fred She Said. This is the Cornflower and comes pre-colored or a digi to color yourself.

My inspiration started with a sketch from Sketch File.

I have a wedding to go to next month and I have a stamp set called Life time of Happiness from CTMH, that I thought would be perfect for a wedding card. I think it goes well with the FSS Cornflowers.

The cornflowers were fussy cut and layered on top of the original flowers for added dimension. 

I added some Hand Stitching around the card using a matching color embroidery floss, keeping the color subtle as to not take away from this beautiful image.

3 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the way you have layered up the flowers and your stitching looks so beautiful.
Sue xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I always have the utmost admiration for anyone who stitches, just something I can't do! Such a beautiful card overall x

Kathy said...

Sorry I'm a bit late with my commenting, but thanks so much for using September's LO from The Sketch File to make this lovely card. It is really beautiful.
I hope you'll take a look at the new sketch soon too ;)