Friday, August 3, 2012

FSS - Daisies and Lady Bugs



Today I played with one of the new pre-colored images from Fred She Said called Daisies and LadyBugs. Oh my gosh! I had so much fun with this, that I have two more cards in the works with this set. I decided to make an Easel Card with this one.  All of the Dasies and Lady Bugs were fussy cut and mounted with foam tape.

I got the inspirational sketch for this card from the Terrifically Thrilling Thursday Challenge Blog. I completely changed the card though becasue I made the mistake of finding a FSS pre-colored image I wanted to use and designing the card before printing the image. I'm trying to use up some older papers. Well, when I printed out the image I wanted, it really didn't go with the paper. Since I had the card all Hand Stitched already, I laid some of the daisies, which I also printed out at the same time, on the paper and liked it. I probably wouldn't have used this paper with the daisies, but now that it's finished, I really like it together. Amazing how accidents have a way of working out.

The papers are from a retired paper pack from Close to my Heart. All the pearls are also from CTMH.

The "Thinking of you" is from a NEW CTMH stamp set called Casual Expressions.

The Hand Stitching was all done with matching Embroidery Floss to match the Smoothie Cardstock.

7 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

that is so sweet, love the ladybugs sprinkled all over the card, great design!

Jolene Barron said...

WOW...WOW...WOW!!! I absolutely LOVE this card. (Wanna make me one?!? LOL!) The colors and details are stunning. You are such an artist, Nancy! Love you <3

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Nancy! Your sweet Thinking of You card is absolutely GORGEOUS. I wanted to stop by and let you know that this week is a DOUBLE PRIZE WEEK at Word Art Wednesday. Our sponsors are Freckled Fawn AND Heart & Soul Rubber Stamps. I'd LOVE to have you join us!

Great job,
Karen
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

WOW this is fabulous Nancy! You gotta love those precolored images ... sure is a time saver! Thanks so much for joining our "SKETCH" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jen Leeflang said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch at our challenge at Shelly's images! Your colouring is magnificent! Thanks for joining us! luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Shelly's Images DT member

Sue said...

stunning card, I love the design and the stitching looks wonderful

Sue

Michelle Pearson said...

love that edging stitch! I'm getting better at making up my own! ;)