Monday, January 18, 2010

Daffodils - Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Sketch



So, are you sick of my Daffodils Yet?  I love Daffodils because of their sweet smell and it's the first sign of Spring. The only problem is, when you make cards with them, their colors are very limited. They are mainly yellow or white with touches of orange or pink. Lucky for us there are so many designer papers to use to make our cards just a little different.


For this card, I used a fantastic Sketch from Flourishes Timely Tuesday Challenge 49.  I just discovered this blog and I think it's a keeper!!!       

The stamp set is March Daffodils from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, one of six new releases this month. I stamped it with Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers twice. I cut one out with a Nesties Die leaving some of the image outside of the circle. I cut out the daffodils from the second one and layered for a 3D affect.
The designer paper is Basic Grey and the cardstock & Sunkiss ribbon is from Close to my Heart.

The hand stitching was done using matching Embroidery floss.

3 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous - Nancy!!! I love the daffodils...so springy!!! The hand stitching is looking fabulous - WTG!!!

So happy to hear you liked the Sketch and played along with us!!! Hope to see you soon again!!! Hugs ~S~

Chrissy D said...

Stunning card Nancy! Love the spring colors and your design!

MiamiKel said...

positively beautiful!! I love teh warm, spring feel to your card and your hand stitching is sensational!