Thursday, January 28, 2010

Enjoy Every Moment - Inspirational Card Sketch #51

Well, the weather has turned cold and blustery and for some strange reason, my motavation just isn't here this week. I normally have at least four cards made this week so far and this is only my second. I don't know if it's just the winter blah's or the pain in my hip. But, I need to give myself a good swift kick and shake it off.

I love the color in this card. Such a pretty blue with just a touch of green.

I used this weeks sketch from "Inspirational Catd Sketches.". And what an inspiration it was.  

Along with the sketch, I played along with Stampin' B's Challenge to use a flower, Butterfly and Die Cut.

I've had this new stamp set form Close to my Heart for two months now and finally inked it up. There are three different flower stamps in this set called "Enjoy Every Moment.". The sentiment is called "Fringed Phrases." The designer paper is also from CTMH and called "Caboodle."

All images were stamped twice with black Memento Ink and embossed with clear EP. They were then colored in with Copic Markers, cut out and layered for a 3D affect.

The white punched area behind the flowers was made using a Spellbinders Pendant Die.

I used two of the colors of Blue Dew Drops from the Waters collection in three of the corners and for the Butterfly's head.

The Hand Stitching around the card was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh my, Nancy! This is soooo gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful masterpiece you've created!!

marley said...

beautiful! great take on the sketch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your blue & green butterfly and your popped up flowers! Just stunning! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's!!

Merry said...

So beautiful....wonderful colours and that butterfly is perfect.