Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hugs & Kisses - Friday Sketchers























Due to all of the different challenges I found this week, I finally cleared my mind of snow with this stamp set called  Love You This Much  from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. After all, snowmen are WINTER images and not necessarily snow scenes.

So, I started with a fantastic sketch from  Friday Sketchers. I loved all the layering with this sketch.
Then I teamed it up with a color challenge from Cute Card Thursday using Pink and Grey. I LOVE pink and grey together but actually forgot how much I loved it until this challenge jogged my memory.
Last but not least,  Sherrod Studio had a challenge to use stitching. Well, this was the easiest one since I use HAND stitching on 95% of my cards. Here is the sad thing about my stitching. Many months ago, I decided I wanted to stitch on my cards, so I went out and bought Embroidery Thread for my sewing machine in about 50 different colors. AND THEN, I fell in love with hand stitching and only used the sewing machine once.

Anyway, here is my card. I stamped my image three times with black Memento ink. I then colored them with Copic Markers and cut out certain portions of two and layered them for a 3D affect.

The Hugs & Kisses is a Digi set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. The thing I love most about Digi stamps is that you can make them any size you need. I made it just the right size to fit in this heart die from Spellbinders.
All papers are form Close to my Heart.

I used the Cuttlebug Heart Embossing Folder for the pink background.

The mini hearts around the snowman was left over from the Fiskars Heart Border Punch I used on the pink at the bottom. I shaded them with the matching Copic Markers, clued them where I wanted them and coated them with Liquid Glass.

I then hand stitched around the card with Grey Embroidery Floss.

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Very cute and very sweet Nancy! LOVE your soft pretty colors and your stitching *Ü*

Stampin Lucy said...

I so enjoy browsing your artwork!! Just gorgeous!! You are such an inspiration.

Kim said...

I love what you did with the stitching. Your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown.

Mary said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for playing along with the Tuesday Throwdown from Sherrod Studio!

dawnmercedes said...

Oh great color choices!

I sure hope you join us again tomorrow for another Tuesday Throwdown!

Michelle VP said...

So very sweet! Love the pinks and greys together with all those layers and borders. :)