Friday, December 4, 2009

Trees of the Field





Well, here is another card I made using the newly released Stamp set "Trees of the Field" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps This time I used a sketch from Papertake Weekly Challenge, Sketch #29. What a wonderful sketch.

I used the bare tree in another winter scene. I just can't break away from Winter and Christmas just yet. I used liquid applique, un-heated for the snow on the ground and added Diamond Dust Glitter to it for a snowy affect. Then I added a little of the liquid applique to the branches of the tree and some prisma glitter on them and heated it slightly.

The white area behind the image is dry embossed with the cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder.
The snowflake is a Spellbinders die and has a flower shaped crystal in the center.
The DP is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses and the cardstock is Close to my Heart.
The stitching around the card is done by hand with embroiudery floss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This winter forest scene you created is so peaceful and lovely, Nancy! I especially like the different colors you used to create the sky. By the way, I'm glad you're not breaking from winter and Christmas yet -- you are helping me get in that mode with all your beautiful seasonal creations!!