Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poppies & Butterflies - Sneak Peek - SSS58

Can you believe today is the start of the Memorial Day Weekend already!  I'm finally getting to open my pool today.  Hopefully by Monday, when it's going to be in the 90's, I'll have the deck cleaned and sealed, and my flower beds planted. and I can enjoy a day in the sun.


Speaking of sun, my card is a bit of sunshine today with some bright yellow poppies. The poppy and butterflies are from two clear stamp sets being released by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps on Tuesday June 1st.  Be sure to stop by here then for the release Blog Hop. For those of you that LOVE digi's, these images are available now as digi's.  I love digi's, but I really missed the stamps. I'm so glad Sweet 'n Sassy is making both available to you all.
The images were colored in with Copic Markers. Yellow Stickles was added to the center of the poppies for a little extra sparkle and liquid glass was added to the butterflies. The colors of the butterflies didn't photograph very well. The poppy flowers actually have three layers for added dimension.

The inspiration for this card came from the Saturday sketch over at The Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Stop Blog.  You can find some great sketches there. Come over and play along with us.

The Happy Birthday and the cute flower bunch above it is from a stamp set called "Fringed Phrases"  from Close to my Heart.  The papers are from CTMH also.

The Hand stitching around the card was done with matching enbroidery floss.

3 comments:

Dana White said...

Nancy the flowers are stunning!!! what a beautiful card
Have a great long weekend!!

Merry said...

So very very pretty as per normal. Love the colours. Have fun in your pool.

Sandy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! There's always such an elegant beauty to your cards. I love the touch of the butterfly with the flowers too.