Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poppies - SSS59

I'm so busy cleaning that I almost forgot to post my card this morning. No grandbabies for two days so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished. Yeah, right!!! Too much stamping to get done this weekend for my club Monday.


Anyway, This card was inspired by the Sweet Stop Sketch today and by the lovely Clear stamps of Poppies and Sentiment and the butterfly from Everyday Miracles digi from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

The poppies were stamped four times, colored with Copic Markers and two sets were cut out and mounted for a 3D affect. The first two were stamped and masked.
I used black crystals in the centers of the poppies, Pink Crystals in the upper left corner, and clear bitty crystals in the small holes of the scalloped edging.
Stickles was used on the flowers and the butterfly.
Hollyhock twill ribbon was used across the card.

Matching Hollyhock Embroidery Floss was used for the Hand Stitching around the card.

Other challenges with this card:
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Sewing
The Corrosive Challenge - Die Cuts
Just Scraps - Use a little yellow

4 comments:

Danni said...

Such a pretty card!

Kathy said...

WOW Nancy this is just gorgeous!! But I think all your cards are!! Your colors are always brilliant and your attention to detail is pure perfection! Just gorgeous!
:)kathy

Jean said...

Hi Nancy. This is my first visit to your blog. Beautiful beautiful cards. Love the flowers and butterflies. Your coloring is incredible! Thanks so muych for playing along at Just Scraps. Hope you come back and visit again.

Tami said...

Oh I love that stitching. Great job and thanks for playing at Aly's