Friday, January 8, 2010

Elegant Blessings_2


I don't think I'll ever get my grown daughter to stamp & make cards. It's way to easy for her to come to MOM for them. Last night she asked for two Sympathy cards. She's a travel agent at AAA and over the past few years, many of her customer or their family members have passed away so I'm the one she comes to to make my least favorite type of card.

So, I had a sketch from Just Us Girls #14 (JUGS), that I was going to use for another sample of the newly released stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy, However, I decided to use the Cross and Sympathy saying from their Elegant Blessings stamp set.

Since I needed to make two cards in one night, you will notice that it doesn't have any hand stitching on it. Yes, this was difficult for me to do. I think every card I make has hand stitching on it. I may have to go into therapy after this.

The paper I used is new from Close to my Heart. It is called Veranda Creative Basics. I think this and the regular Veranda Paper pack is the prettiest paper in our new catalog.
The flower was made from various punches.

Now, the best part about this picture is........Some of my very dear DT friends, Kristine and Lorie, turned me onto a new paint program so I could add this very pretty watermark that Korin had designed for us. I'm so excited that it only took me about 15 minutes to figure it out. HOWEVER, now the problem is to remember how I did it. That's the problem with Trial & Error. Thanks Ladies!!!

5 comments:

Darsie Bruno said...

a sad occasion but a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and I love the watermark ;)! Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color combo you used on this one, Nancy! Combined with the floral accent, it has a soft, fresh feel to it. Congrats on getting your watermark working!! :-)

Grace said...

Nancy you do incredibly beautiful work! I landed on another blog and left a comment and then realized it was months old! But it was the most gorgeous card with a chickadee on it.. Oh my! I will be checking in on you... you are so inspirational! Gorgeous!!!

Michelle VP said...

This card is beautiful even without your special hand-stitching and perfect for the need. :) Love the watermark too! :) That's something I would like to learn how to do as well.