Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Melody Of Love - SSS38


This card was such a joy to make since I am thinking Spring. I'm just super tired of this cold weather and want it to go away. But, I am grateful that I don't live in the Mid West with all of the frigid cold AND snow.
Once again I am using the image from  Melody of Love stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
This happens to be one of my favorite images and I find myself looking for sketch challenges that would accomodate this image.  Not to mention that Valentines day is just one month away and would make an ideal valentine card. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any occasion that this card wouldn't fit in. OK, maybe one or two. 
This is just one of the six new sets that Sweet 'n Sassy released this month. AND, you can save money by picking up the bundle of six sets for only $30. But, you need to hurry because there are only FIVE left in stock!  Of course, you can pick each set up individually too.

I used Saturday's  Sweet Stop Sketch #38  for this card.                  

The image was stamped with Memento black ink pad and colored with Copic Markers. The two birds and one small flower were stamped again, colored, cut out and layered for a 3D affect. Don't strain your eyes looking for the popped small flower because I forgot to put it on before taking the picture, but it's there in real life.
The Designer papers and cardstock are from Close to my Heart. The larger flowers in the corners were made with a combination of dies and punches using matching papers with a mini brad for the center.

The Hand Stitching inside and out was done with matching embroidery floss.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

This is just stunning! great job on the sketch...love the colors and your flowers :o)

Danni said...

What a gorgeous card..just gorgeous!

Ceal said...

Nancy your card is beautiful, fabulous coloring and I love that dp

Kathy said...

That stitching is AMAZING! Your coloring is beautiful too. The dp and flower embellishments go perfectly with your stamped image. Really pretty card :)

Michelle VP said...

All your cards are delightful! I just ordered one of those January bundles last night and can't wait to get this sweet stamp. Love the popped up birds and corner flowers. :)