Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Blessings, MMSC10,


This has to be the fastest card I've ever made. Really, I take forever to design one and then to finally say OK, I'm done. I usually just keep adding things.

Well with this one, just a few hours ago, a design team member, Teresa, told us about The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog. This weeks Challenge is to create a card with an animal theme.

I thought the Midnight Madness sketch 10 would be perfect for it. However, the deadline for submitting that sketch was in 1 1/2 hours from then. So, I scrambled to get my thought together and promised myself that I would keep it simple.
So, here is the sketch and the fastest card I've ever made.
All papers are from Close to my Heart.
Image is colored in with Copic Markers.
Stitching was done by hand with embroidery Floss.
So, what do you think. Quick and easy!

8 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet baby card!! Love the color and the adorable giraffe!! The texture is beautiful! Your design is perfect! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wow, Nancy, you are awesome! I can't believe you put this masterpiece together so quickly with all that hand stitching. What a cute card!

Anonymous said...

I wish you would share some of that quick-card-making mojo! This is a beautiful card, and I really like the "sherbet" colors you used -- very pretty!

Annie said...

This card is just so cute - I love it. Sometimes the quick cards are the best and this is certainly a good one.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Priscilla said...

I made it by your blog :) hey, Better late than never :) I really like you card. YOur embossing looks FANTASTIC. Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness (MMSC10) Sketch Challenge

Priscilla
MMDT

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous baby card, love the colours and the stitching! So pretty :)
Thanks for joining our challenge this week at TPE..

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Super Sweet!!

Thanks for joining us at TPE!!