Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Blessings_SNSS, The Pink Elephant

Welcome to day two of the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog Hop.


If you just came here from Teresa's blog, you are in the right place.

If not, you may want to go back and start at the beginning with Korin's Blog and work your way from there so you don't miss any of the great eye candy from each of the Design Team members.


The card sketch for this card is from sketch #25 at The Pink Elephant. I just turned it to fit my stamp.

I sometimes find it hard to make masculine cards. With this one, I wanted it to look like it was for a baby boy so I used nontraditional baby colors.
This stamp set is called Baby Blessings from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

The other main image in this set is a Giraffe and can be seen a few posts down.
This is a fantastic set with lots of verses to go with it.


The paper is from Close to my Heart.


The stitching is done by hand with two different colors of embroidery floss, olive and dutch blue. It may be hard to see the two different colors in the photo.


From here you want to hop on over to Lori's Blog.

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness Nancy! How cute is this card!?!?!?! I love how precious this is. You are doing a fabulous job on the DT and I love seeing all your cards.

Lorie said...

WOW!! I'd say you nailed this one, my friend!! It is gorgeous!! The paper piecing is perfect! Your hand stitching always blows me away, and that sketch is spot on for this image! Great job!!

Jeanette said...

WooHoo! This is just stunning Nancy! The attention to detail is just amazing. I love every tiny little detail!
Hugs Jeanette

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Just adorable, love the pastel blue plaid you used! Perfect baby boy card!

Cat said...

Beautiful detail and stitching!

Leah said...

This came out SO adorable! I love everything about it:)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you are my card making and stitching hero!!! I LOVE this card! Who am I kidding, I love every card you make. This one is truly special with the sweet paper pieced image and the embossing and the border punch... and everything! Yummo! I think you should win the Pink Elephant prize this week.

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This is a terrific baby boy card, Nancy! I really like the colors you used, and those beautiful papers. The stitching is so cool with two colors!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooo adorable, I luv the dp great job with the SNSS blog hp!

enjoy *~*

B said...

Adorable! Sooo previous!

Cheri said...

What a sweet card! I love the paper piecing!

Annie said...

wow fabulous card - the colours - the stamp - everything is just gorgeous.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Connie Babbert said...

This is PRECIOUS! I love the paper piecing! Great job.

Sheri Gilson said...

Your card is so sweet!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Unknown said...

VERY cute! love those little animals & the sentiment :) thanks for creating with us at tpe!

Chrissy D said...

This is soooo cute. The perfect baby card!