Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Light of the World


Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog Hop.

I am one of the new designers. I will be with you for the next six months.
If you had told me a month ago that I would be using anything other then CTMH stamps, I would have told you you were crazy.
This was totally an act of God. I think he looked at me one day and said, "Nancy, I gave you talent, now stop wasting it. Go forth and pay it forward to a special friend."
It started with one phone call to me, then another surprising phone call back to her.
God surely works in mysterious way.
The new stamps in the June release are phenomenal.Be sure to keep on hoppin' for the next two days to see all of the fantastic artwork with these new sets.The Blog Hop schedule is in my side column if you need it.
Be sure to check out my second sample below and then hop on over to cortney's blog.

This card is 5.5" x 5.5" and the Stamp Set used is "Light of the World".

All papers are from the New Horizon's Paper Pack from Close to my Heart.

The stitching on the card is all done by hand with embroidery floss.

The lighthouse image was stamped three times, colored with Copic Markers, parts of it cut out and layered for a 3D affect.

17 comments:

Sandy said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Ceal said...

Beautiful! Great coloring!

B said...

So pretty! Love the coloring!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautifully done, wonderful card!

Connie Babbert said...

So beautiful, Nancy! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next six months!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous! I love getting introduced to new blogs too. Congrats on becoming an SNSS DT member and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Shannon said...

Love the added dimension! This is one of my fave sets and you really made it shine!

Blessings!

Chrissy D said...

Nancy, this is beautiful - I love your coloring- Welcome to the DT! I look forward getting to know you!!!

Jeanette said...

Just beautiful! You have showcased this stamp so beautifully!
Hugs Jeanette

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Goodness, Nancy, this is just beautiful! I hope some of your awesome talent rubs off on me!

Deb said...

How beautiful! I love the way the light is shining! Your coloring is fabulous!

Lorie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! A wonderful work of art!!

Chrisd said...

What a beautiful job on your card. Welcome to the DT.

Erika M. said...

Absolutely fabulous card!

Merry said...

I just love the colours you use in your cards....this is wonderful.

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, very nice work!
enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Stunning, Nancy! I really like how you made a light coming from the lighthouse, and your beautiful layout and coloring.