Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Sketch 11

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is celebrating Christmas in July all month long.

To keep with the theme, I created this card using the Sweet 'n Sassy sketch 11 and the new Digi stamp set, "Light Up My Life". This scan doesn't do this card justice. You really can't see all of the glitz and sparkle.

I made this card 5" x 7". I've been getting into the larger cards lately. I think it's because I enjoy hand stitching my cards and the larger size gives me more room to stitch and stamp.

All papers are from Close To My Heart. Colors are Twilight and Creme Brulee.

The two snowflakes are cut out using my Cricut, then covered with adhesive and dipped in clear glitter.

All stitching is done by hand with matching embroidery floss.

The snow underneath the snowman was made using liquid applique covered with clear glitter before heating.

The lights & Holly on the hat are colored in with Spica glitter pens.
The image itself is colored with Copic Markers.
The background sky was chalked light blue.

5 comments:

Lorie said...

That stitching is AMAZING! So gorgeous!! This card is amazing too. Just gorgeous!!

Sandy said...

This is an absolutely amazing card! Yes, the stitching is incredible and I really love the colors you used too. Magnificent card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy, you just do the most beautiful work! Every single one of your posts is a delight to behold. I'm so glad we're working together on the SNSS DT so that perhaps a bit of your talent will rub off on me.

Hugs,
Lisa

Holly said...

This is adorable!!!!!!!!! Love the warm colors and how you colored that adorable snowman!

pinky said...

Saw this over on the challenge blog and just had to come and have a look. Your cards are stunning! This card is just glorious, excellent!!!
Pinky