Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Little Chickadee


This card was made for the Sweet 'n Sassy Card Sketch 10.

It using one of their stamp sets called "My Little Chickadee"

The papers are from Close to my Heart.

The flower was made from punches.

The Chickadee was stamped three times, colored with Copic Markers, cut out and layered for a 3D affect.

The stitching is all done by hand with embroidery floss. This card imparticular has more stitching then normal. That's because it's sewn through three layers of paper instead of only two.

I've been told that I have too much free time on my hands to do hand stitching on all of my cards. Well, the truth is, I take care of my 2 year old granddaughter everyday for 10 hours. By the time she goes home at 5:30, I make dinner and clean up, I'm beat. So, during her naps, I create my cards and prepare the backgrounds. That way when I'm too tired for anything else, I can sit and watch a movie and sew my cards. Besides, I love needle crafts and have no time for them, so I add it to my cards.

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!! Love the stitching!! Great colors, coloring and layout!

Merry said...

What an amazing card...love the image, colouring and the stitching is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nancy! This is gorgeous! I really like the colors you used on this, and that intricate stitching!!