Sunday, September 12, 2010

FSS Blue Peony Birthday Card





It's amazing how one thing leads to another in card making.  I started out with gorgeous Peony Digi Stamps from Fred She Said. I then found a sketch at Cards and Things that inspired me with these images. But, I wanted to play along with a few other challenges so I made a gate fold card using the same sketch.

The Sentiment is from a stamp set from CTMH. Now here is tyhe coolest thing about Digi's. When I Opened the flap, the one peony hung out over the flap, which is was supposed to do. However, I didn't like that you could see the white cardstock from it when you opened the card. So, I printed them again and reversed them so it was a mirror image of the one on the front.

The Hand Stitching was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

Other Challenge Blogs I had in mind while making this card:
Project Tuesday - Gate Fold Card
Stampin' B's - Pink, Blue & Green
Stampotique - Birthday
Our Creative Corner - Fun With Folds
Totally Gorjuss - Flowers
Creative Cottage - Celebration
Cuttlebug - Birthday

21 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow really really beautiful card.
Gorgeous stamps. Love it.

Willy said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Nancy! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Benzi said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the blue peony. What a nice gatefold. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week with your creation.

ellepaulette said...

Such a lovely card!!

Basement Stamper said...

Absolutely love the flowers on this card and the fold of it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Nancy! I love the stitching!!! It just makes the card.

Suzie said...

Beautiful, I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

KimS said...

What a gorgeous card!! You did a wonderful job with stitching!! Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Project Tuesday.

Kaz said...

This is such a pretty card and so neat too! Thanks for joining us at SDC x

Krista said...

Great card ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Nancy, LOVE each of your stunning panels and your coloring is gorgeous!!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday!!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Kim said...

Oh wow, this is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us over at Stampotique Designers Challenge!
:)
Kim P.

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Wow!!!! A work of art, Nancy!

Moniqui said...

Wow gorgeous cad! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique designers challenge!

Maria Matter said...

this is so beautiful Nancy!!!

Sarah Gough said...

Congrats on being my featured stamper at Project Tuesday this week!

Emily Keaton said...

What a gorgeous card!! I just love that gatefold that you made. Great job using blue, green, and pink for the Stampin' B's DT challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week!! Hope to see you back again soon :)

Valerie said...

What a beautiful card! I just love everything about is. Great job!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Nancy,

I stopped by to tell you how lovely this card is and to thank you for joining in the fun with Our Creative Corner this week. But then I was intrigued to read that the stitching on your card is all hand stitched so nosed around your blog a bit. I see that you usually hand stitch your cards and I am just blown away. I can't imagine how much time you must put into each card. I thought I was a slow and obsessed crafter, but I think you have me beat by a mile - LOL! I truly enjoyed looking at your work and am bookmarking you so I can stop back by. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Our Creative Corner!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

A stunning creation! Your coloring and composition is beautiful! Thank you for joining the birthday Stampotique challenge this week!
Val :)