Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FSS Fall Flowers & Paper Pricking Template


Today I have a card designed with one of the four Fall Flowers and Paper Pricking Template from Fred She Said. I used the Chrysanthemums, but also in the set are Asters, Black Eye Susan, and Sunflower. I love to color images with my Copic markers, but my card today is made with the pre-colored images. I figured I'd give myself a break since I was cutting out so many of them for this arrangement. Sometimes you just need to cut corners. Especially when the pre-colored images are as gorgeous as this.

If you love my card or this image, you'll want to hop on over to Fred She Said Store and pick this set up while it's on sale this week for 40% off. You have a choice of the Digi's or the pre-colored. But heck, for that price, why not get them all!!!

Fred She Said is also the sponser at Creative Card Crew wher the Challenge is FLOWERS!!! Play along with this cahllenge  thius week and you could win some  Gorgeous FREE Fred She Said Images!!

The inspiration for this card came from a Sketch at Basic Grey. I love Basic Grey Papers and when I saw this fantastic Sketch, I knew I had to play along. And to make life even sweeter, I had this perfect image to use for it.

I printed out the Frame Template and pierced all the holes. I was undecided when finished whether to use the printed side or the side that just shows the pricked holes. It can be used either way. I cut the center out of the frame to expose the paper underneath for more contrast. The section with the flowers was a separate frame I printed and cut out to use for the base of the flowers. I off-set it to fit the sketch.

The pearls, cardstock, & ribbon is from Close to my Heart. The DP is Basic Grey.Ambrosia collection.

I used matching Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching around the card.

If you’d like to see another card I made with this set, Check out my Blue Asters card. This card was made with the Digi Image that I colored with Copics.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
Challenge up your life - Lace & Pearls
Drunken Stampers - Fall
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - Stitching
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
If the Shoe Fits...Scrap it! - Flowers
Stamp Something - Fall Colors
Stampin' B's - Paper Piercing
Stamp It Crazy - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Fall colors
Flourishes - Fall Colors

23 comments:

Laney said...

WOW!! fabulous card Nancy!!
thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week hope to see you next week too
hugs
laney

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Nancy, this is beyond GORGEOUS!!! love it!
hugs & blessings!

Jayne said...

Beautiful card Nancy...absolutely perfect! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Michelle Pearson said...

simply beautiful! I haven't gotton into those pre-colored ones yet....LOVE all your additional details! :)

Love crafts forever said...

Hi Nancy. I was just looked at this card at Fred She Said blog. And i was so happy to see, you entered your cart to 2 of my DT blogs. OMG! THIS IS JUST AMAZING.Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT, and StampitCrazy. Good luck. Hugs, Nataliya.

Annette said...

Nancy, what an absolutely stunning card! Such perfect paper pairing & use of punches & embossing - gorgeous!

Pam said...

Very pretty and so fancy!

StampitCrazy said...

This card is beautiful. Thank you for playing along at stampitcrazy challenge. www.stampitcrazy.net
Barb

Paula said...

Nancy!!! this is absolutely stunning!!! bet it took you ages!

thanks so much for entering it into our challenge this week at OSAAT

Paula xx

uksharon said...

Absolutely fabulous card.
Thank you for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Korin said...

Absolutely stunning, Nancy! That image is gorgeous and the way you colored it---perfection!

Benzi said...

Wow! What a beauty. The image is outstanding and I love the paper pricking. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week with your card so we could take a peek.

Leah l'Orange said...

love this card, Nancy! your colouring is FANTASTIC, and you're a girl after my own heart with all that yummy orange!! thanks so much for playing with us at Charisma!

Berry said...

What a stunning creation! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT thiw wk hugs Rebekah xx Ps I have blog candy at http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com if you are interested!!
I also love your header that you do this for fun and for you, very well put! Hugs xx

Emily Keaton said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you colored those lovely mums. Great paper piercing, too!! Thanks for joining the Stampin' B's DT for our paper piercing challenge :)

Unknown said...

this is gorgesou! i love that stamp you used! thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!

Pam said...

What a pretty and fancy card! I love the colors!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous card - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW, what a GORGEOUS card, thanks so much for sharing this with our STAMPIT CRAZY challenge! Hope to see you next time. I have become a follower of your AWESOME blog:)

Judy said...

Gorgeous card!!! It immediately caught my eye and the colours are so beautiful. Nice job.

Lee-Anne said...

Wow, I have just come across your blog and all I can say is WOW. This card is amazing, I love every little detail. Your colours are just beautiful, the papers such a perfect choice to go with your chrysanthemums. The pearls add that perfect elegant touch. I am now off to check out the store you mentioned. Thanks for such wonderful inspiration.
Lee-Anne

Carolyn said...

Absolutely stunning. I just love your card, your boarders, your layers, but your flowers are just stunning. I love how you gave them the 3D effect. Thanks for sharing it with us during our Change of Season challenge, please come back and join us this week for the Layer It On Challenge.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Silke Ledlow said...

Drop dead gorgeous card Nancy!!! Love your take on the FTTC colors...thank you for joining us!!! Hugs ~S~