Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Smiley Snowman - SC300


This is going to be a quick post. I wanted to have this card finished this morning but isn't that the way things usually go when you want something done by a certain time. It never happens. AND, I have another card to make yet tonight and post it tomorrow morning for a Fred She Said Blog Hop. So, please stop by tomorrow and hop along with us to win some goodies!!!

So here is evening alreay and too dark to take a photo of it so I had to scan it. But, that's OK. It will just have to do. The snowmen were coated with Liquid Glass and then Diamond Dust. This doesn't show up at it's best in the scan.

The inspiration for this card came from a sketch challenge over at Split Coast Stampers.

The Digi Image used is called Smiley Snowman from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I printed out one snowman, then scaled one down slightly and printed them. Then I copied the small snowman and printed it Mirror image. I hadn't intended to use three snowmen. It started pout as one and had two others to cut and layer for a 3D affect, but as I had three snowmen laying there, I liked what I saw.
By the way, if you prefer clear stamps over Digi'sa, this stamp is also available as a clear stamp set.

The DP is retired paper from Close to my Heart. The embossed cardstock is Dutch Blue and Gypsy, boith from CTMH.

The Hand Stitching around the card was done with White Embroidery Floss to resemble snow flakes!

No comments: