Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blue Asters - Sketch Saturday

I am so into making Christmas cards already and trying to get myself back into flower mode. I couldn’t resist this image with the paper piercing frame. I’ve had this Digi image from Fred She Said since early Spring and finally got around to using it. It’s called Fall Flowers Digi Set with bonus Paper Pricking Frames. It’s a set of four different flowers and several ways of doing the frames.


My inspiration for this card came from Sketch Saturday. I thought this image worked almost perfectly.

This is one of the first cards in a while that I didn't add hand stitching to. But, this card was very time consuming with cutting out all the flowers and I figured the stitching might take away from the paper piercing.

I printed the frame with the asters inside, then printed two more sets of flowers. Colored them all with Copic Markers and cut out two sets. After the whole card was assembled, I spread them lout and attached with foam tape. I then added Liquid Glass to the centers and added yellow glitter. Papers are from Close to my Heart and are Sky and Sunflower. I used sunflower Grosgrain ribbon for the bow and white half pearls around the frame, also from CTMH.

Other Challenge Blogs for this card:
Fab 'n Funky - What 'eva

5 comments:

Danni said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous!! Wow!

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous Nancy! I'm so glad you did this card. I looked at the pre-colored set but didn't see the regular set. I definitely want to make some projects with this. Love the little added extras with the glitter and pearls. Beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Nancy!!! I love everything about this card!
hugs & blessings!

Michelle Pearson said...

oh my.....as I said before...this is so pretty! You need my addy?! LOL! ;)