Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Arrangement - SSS75

Happy Fall Ya'll!!!

Here were are the beginning of Fall already. However, here in PA we are still having 90° weather. They say a cold front is coming in tonight and that the warm weather and then the cold change will help turn the leaves. We'll see!

Sorry this post in late but I was having a problem with a card that I wanted to post yesterday but never happened. So, this card got pushed to the side and took longer to complete than I expected.

This card was made for the sketch over at The Sweet Stop Challenge Blog. Korin has such fabulous sketches so if you have never played along and you need some inspiration, try this one.

This Digi image I used is called Fall Arrangement from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. The problem I was having with this card was that all of my fall cards lately have all been green, orange and brown. I wanted to change it up a little so I added some purple. What do you think???

The image was printed three times, colored with Copic Markers, cut out and layered with foam tape for lots of Dimension.

The papers are from the Olivia paper pack, new from Close to my Heart. The Brads, ribbon and ribbon slide are all in the “Pear” Mini Medlies, also from CTMH. The purple papers are Gypsy CS. Now that it’s finished, I think these colors go great together.

I used Faux Flower Soft on the centers of the sunflowers and the purple flowers. And a little stickles in the stamen of the lily.

The Hand Stitching was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Paper Playtime - Autumn
Kraftin' Kimmie - Orange, Green & Purple
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle - Stitching
Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge - Use A Pumpkin

8 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

I love the colors, textures, and depth to this card. It's so pretty! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is beautiful - I love this fall flower and pumpkin arrangement! Thanks for playing with SPeedy's Friends!

Joanne Travis said...

I love your beautiful fall bouquet! Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Rene' said...

Gorgeous card! I just love the colors you used! Thanks for playing along with SSDS!
Scrappy Love,
Rene'

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this sensational image!!

Thank you for creating this gorgeous card to share with the Friends of Speedy the Cat for this week's pumpkin challenge!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTALLY love the pumpkin hiding!! Great card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Virgo5 said...

Wow! awesome card, beautifully coloured!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty...Love all the fall colors...