Sunday, September 26, 2010

Scarecrow with Wagon - Squigglefly group on PCP Sketch Challenge

 
(Click on Picture to see details)

Good Morning!

What a fabulous morning we are having here today. The 90° weather and high humidity slipped away last night and it’s going to be in the 70’s today. It was a great crisp fall morning.

Making this card was so much fun. I LOVE these new images from Squigglefly. I had a little problem with this one only because I wanted to keep the image large because of all the detail, but I wanted to play along with the sketch challenge at the Squigglefly group on Paper Craft Planet. What a fabulous sketch and challenge with a mystery twist! So my card ended up to be a little larger then it started out.

I planned on posting it here on Friday, but I wasn’t totally satisfied with it. There was just something missing. It was too flat for me. If you are familiar with my work, you know that I usually have the image layered and popped. However, this image has so much detail that I didn’t do that. But, since I can’t post something that I’m not 100% satisfied with,
I printed the wagon with the pumpkins and flowers a second time, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out. This doesn’t look to difficult until you get to cutting out the spaces between the spokes of the wheels. So I used foam tape to layer but kept the bottom of the wheels grounded.

Then I used Liquid Glass on the pumpkins and faux flower soft on the flowers (with a wee bit of glitter) and center of the BIG Sunflower.
I wanted to add brads in the hub of the wheels, but forgot to do so before adhering, so I used gray pearls instead. I used chalk for the blue background.

Other then the Pumpkins for sale sign, I really didn’t want to add any other sentiment so I used a spellbinders fancy tag, wrapped some matching ribbon around it, added two buttons with matching floss and two bitty sparkles and a bow.

I needed to balance out the bottom left corner so I added three green flower sparkles.

The green squares looked a little plain so I cuttlebugged them. All pieces were distressed with Dessert Sand Ink.

The Hand Stitching around the card was done with matching Embroidery Floss.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Speedy The Cat's Friends - Pumpkins
Stamp, Scrap, Doodle - Stitching
Drunkin Stampers - Fall
Crazy 4 Challenges - Bling

7 comments:

Holly Young said...

Nancy, this is just fantastic! Your coloring is amazing and I love all your embellishments! Your sewing looks so great on this too. I really like your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining in the Squigglefly challenge! Good luck!

Nancy Thomas said...

Your coloring and stiching are fantastic - an all around great fall card.

Lynn McAuley said...

What an exquisite autumn design!! I love each carefully crafted and placed detail!!

Thanks, Nancy, for creating this gorgeous scarecrow card to toss into Speedy the Cat's pumpkin patch for this week's challenge!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous coloring! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Linda Ledbetter said...

What a cool card! You colors are just fabulous, and the design is beautifully balanced and so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Drunken Stampers Autumn Challenge!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fab autumnal scene....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

redwasher1 said...

Wow! What a fabulous card!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy's Friends.