Tuesday, September 14, 2010

FSS Pumpkins and Sunflowers


This morning I'm sharing with you a Newly released Digi Image from Fred She Said. It's called Pumpkins and Sunflowers. I really love this image. I printed certain portions of it five times. There are four layers of pumpkins and the fifth is the sunflower above the Hello. The Hello is from a set called Fancy Phrases from Waltzing Mouse.

The inspiration for this card came from a sketch at Our Creative Corner. Unfortunately, this is their last sketch of the year. They have some great sketches and they will be missed.

The Papers for this card are from a new paper pack from Close to my Heart called Olivia. I just LOVE these fall papers. The tiny button brads and the ribbon are form the Sunset Mini Medleys, also from CTMH.

Now for the fun element. If you click on the picture of the card to enlarge it, you will be able to see the faux flower soft that I made for the centers of the sunflowers. I used the Chocolate CTMH reinker and sone styrophome shavings to make this.

I used a matching Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching.

Other Challenge Blogs I made this card for:
Delightful Challenges - Fall colors and Ribbon
Stamp Insanity - Elements in 3's
Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge - Fall Colors
All Sorts - Colors of Autumn
A spoonful of Sugar - Autumn
Creative Card Crew - Autumn

16 comments:

Beth said...

Wow - this is a gorgeous project! Incredibly put together - I love it! Great color combo too - thanks so much for sharing this with us at StampInsanity!!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Love your card! Very inventive with the faux Flower Soft and I love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Joanne Travis said...

Everything about this is so beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends challenge using fall colors this week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful fall card, lovely images and perfectly coloured! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us over at Delightful Challenges this week.

Hugs Jo xxx

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

oooooh! Faux flower soft looks sooo good and the 3D work and the colours wow! Nancy, you hand stitched that!? I need to come to your house so you can teach me!!! I love it!

Juanita said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at StampInsanity.

Kirsten...x said...

stunning card love the image and yur coloring is perfect...x

Thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous nancy, love your stitching!!!
Thanks for sharing it over @ Creative Card Crew!
blessings!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent coloring! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what a beautiful little fall card. I love the pumpkins and how they were colored. What a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
Denise
CCC-DT
I have blog candy ending tomorrow evening if you are interested!

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Challenges!
hugs, Sharon

brenda said...

What a sweet card and perfect stitching.

Thank you for joining in my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous work on this awesome autumn beauty!! Love the fabulous stitching detail!!


Thank you so very much, Nancy, for sharing this stunning card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!!

Virgo5 said...

Wow, this is awesome! Love your colouring and the stitching...too many great elements to mention!
Thanks for playing with speedy's Friends!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Nancy this is amazingly beautiful. I have been waiting to play with this image myself as it is so beautiful and touches my heart because I love pumpkins and sunflowers together. What an awesome job you did designing this exquisitely craft card.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous Nancy, that stitching is so effective and completely awesome!
Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew this time.
Chrissie