Friday, September 10, 2010

Making Friends - Tuesday Morning Sketches




I just had to make this card today since I fell in love with this digi image called Making Friends, from Sassy Cheryl's Digi Stamps. As many of you know, I'm addicted to snowmen stamps and images. And, you can never have too many. Right???  But how cute are they!!! Three snowmen building more snowmen friends.

The inspiration for this card came from a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. And as soon as I saw it I knew I had to use it for this image.
`
I printed the image three times and cut sections out of two and layered them with foam tape for lots of dimension. I glittered all the snowmen with Prisma glitter.  I attached some matching blue ribbon through the middle and attached a snowflake button on the left side.

I used matching Embroidery Floss for the Hand Stitching around the card.

Other Challenge Blogs this card was made for:
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog - Let it Snow
Bunny Zoe's - Vinyage
Artful Inkables - Distressing
Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas
Stampin' For The Weekend - Vintage or Shabby

15 comments:

Janetlynne said...

cute card

Kathy said...

WOW That looks like a sticker Nancy!!!! How gorgeous it turned out!!! I too love snowmen and this image is so cute!! Love all your sparkle too!
:)Kathy

Melissa Craig said...

Oh Nancy I couldn't agree with you more!! I would love a whole snowstorm - blizzard of snowman images!! I love love love them and your card is wonderful!! All the dimension is FANTASTIC. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jeni said...

Beautiful card. I love the glittery snowmen and your stitching and dimension are great! ~jeni :)

Trina said...

Love it! Love the colors and dimension!

Cleota said...

Your coloring on this card is absolutely goregous!! I love the layout and the layering. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Top site, I hadn't noticed www.inspiredbystamps.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Carry on the good work!

Bananastamper said...

Perfectly adorable! Wow, love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge!

The Wired Angel said...

WOW! Your card is fantastic. I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Snowman challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week!
Peggy x

Cathy said...

Wow Nancy, this is awesome. Love everything about it. Great depth to the colors and your scene looks like it came out of a book, perfect. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!!!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh wow, this is AMAZING. I just absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Joanne Stott said...

Georgeous vintage christmas card and just perfect for our challenge this week at SFTW.

Hugs

Joanne x

Ann English said...

WOW-awesome coloring of this image, beautiful card! Love, love, LOVE it!!!

Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

Tammy said...

Great card and fabulous coloring.

Gunn (Merete) said...

Beautiful card. Great image. Love this vintage feeling.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.